Saturday, July 14, 2007

No news on Age of Conan, So I revisited Maple again.... And Its pretty much as I remembered it. Hackers still around, People fighting over maps.... but I digress.

Creating a Character basically starts with chosing a basic"look" (just hair and color of cloths), and "rolling" some stats to be distributed over 4 attributes: Strength (Raw damage dealth and ability to wear certain armor), Wisdom (mana recharge rate and maximum cap), Dexterity (accuracy and ability to dodge) and Luck (change of dealing maximum damage).


Starting Over:
I re-rolled a "Fighter" class character to start playing again, it being the character I am most familiar with. Actually "Rolling" a fighter is misleading. What I did instead was rolled a character with the highest Strength attribute possible. In Maple, each class performs best by maximizing one of the 4 attributes, "Strength" in the case of the fighter. After this, I am sent to the tutorial island of Maple Island, where I spend the 1st few levels completing 5 quests (ranging from delivery to collection to kill X number of a particular creature). Earning levels in the 1st 30 levels is quite fast, so I breeze through the tutorial section at level 10, and am given "permission" to get to the main island of Victoria Island.

No comments: